Our intention is to increase the role of our building as a community venue, making it available seven days a week to a wide variety of groups; offering activities, services and facilities for local people.
Alongside our main worship space, which seats 125, our aim is to transform our existing church hall to create larger, more flexible meeting spaces with modern facilities that can be used by everyone
On the 6th February 2022 the building was ready for its first use.
The church met in the Tongwynlais village hall for our usual service and then walked to the new building for the first time. This is the video of that first look at the new Ainon.
Our vision is to create a building that will support the church and the local community for generations to come.
To do this we will be;
- Extending the church hall to create a larger, more flexible space
- Creating a new extension and entrance to improve access to the facilities.
- Providing improved disabled access
- Redesigning the main meeting space
- Creating several smaller meeting room
- Creating a new fully equipped kitchen space
- Redesigning and modernising the toilet facilities
- Creating a multi-use Garden Room for community use
- Installing equipment and fittings for new projects
- Facilitating various support services to offer help and guidance for all
New activities will emerge, run by both church and other community groups, and will tackle issues around loneliness, isolation, deprivation as well as offer a range of advice and support services to individuals and families.
Schedule of New Accommodation
- 3 Study Areas
- Toilet Block with Accessible Toilet
- Enlarged ‘Commercial’ Kitchen Area
- Church Office
- Link Corridor
- Prayer Room
- Reflection Garden
- Entrance Porch
- Enlarged Rear Hall
Ainon’s Community Hub will be a blessing to many, a safe place to be, a place where it is ok, to not be ok and get the help you need. A place for all in the village and villages around us to meet, gather and where help and support is available throughout the week.
We can’t wait to welcome you……