Our intention is to increase the role of our building as a community venue, making it available seven days a week to a wide variety of groups; offering activities, services and facilities for local people.
Alongside our main worship space, which seats 125, our aim is to transform our existing church hall to create larger, more flexible meeting spaces with modern facilities that can be used by everyone
Our vision is to create a building that will support the church and the local community for generations to come.
To do this we will be;
- Extending the church hall to create a larger, more flexible space
- Creating a new extension and entrance to improve access to the facilities.
- Providing improved disabled access
- Redesigning the main meeting space
- Creating several smaller meeting room
- Creating a new fully equipped kitchen space
- Redesigning and modernising the toilet facilities
- Creating a multi-use Garden Room for community use
- Installing equipment and fittings for new projects
- Facilitating various support services to offer help and guidance for all
New activities will emerge, run by both church and other community groups, and will tackle issues around loneliness, isolation, deprivation as well as offer a range of advice and support services to individuals and families.
Schedule of New Accommodation
- 3 Study Areas
- Toilet Block with Accessible Toilet
- Enlarged ‘Commercial’ Kitchen Area
- Church Office
- Link Corridor
- Prayer Room
- Reflection Garden
- Entrance Porch
- Enlarged Rear Hall
The preparation for this project has been ongoing for a number of years now. As fundraising is ongoing and the building is being cleared and we are hopeful that work will be carried out through spring and summer of this year and will be complete by early September 2021, with the building opening to the community by the end of September 2021.
- Summer 2019 Consult Ainon’s Church Family & The Community
- Autumn 2019 Appoint Architect / Plans Drawn
- Autumn 2019 Planning Permission Granted
- Winter 2019 & Spring 2020 Work on Detailed Design
- Summer 2020 – Spring 2021 Raising The Funds!
- Spring 2021 Appoint Contractors
- May 2021 Construction Begins
- Early September 2021 Construction Complete*
- Late September 2021 Ainon Community Hub Relaunch*
(* provisional dates)
We have completed a design and tender process, and our church members have already given substantial amounts towards this project.
Ainon’s Community Hub will be a blessing to many, a safe place to be, a place where it is ok, to not be ok and get the help you need. A place for all in the village and villages around us to meet, gather and where help and support is available throughout the week.
We can’t wait to welcome you……